Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday report

We woke up late, had a late breakfast, got in the car and drove.
We stayed on back roads and saw the Pennsylvania countryside. We went over very steep mountain passes, saw some beautiful farms. I bought some strawberries from an Amish lady on the side of the road. Wonderful ripe non-hybrid strawberries. Yum.

When the signs say "falling rock" around here they mean it. Through the mountains the side of the pavement is littered with rocks the size of oranges to watermelon size. If I was going to hitchhike I would want to be wearing a hard hat. 2150 feet elevation at the high point. The sign said that it was the highest point east of the Mississippi, but I thought I read the same claim on a road north of Asheville. It gushed rain. We found a hotel that had just been hit by lightning. We ate dinner and are settling in for the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

... If you are reading this, PLEASE click a Star, just so I know you are there ...