Saturday, September 1, 2007

33 and a Third

Today is our 33rd Wedding Anniversary!

Late last night I was going through some old photos (that we scanned before we left) so that I could put on a few representative snapshots of my lovely bride through the years. Well there is a lot of them, and of course I would have to include a lot of pictures of the THREE of us, and of course a lot of the pictures of the three of us actually only had two of us in the picture because one of us was holding the camera, and of course a lot of the pictures that we have of each other were taken at one of our 27 or 28 Annual4th parties, and I couldn't bear to crop ANYBODY out of the pictures because they are such an important part of our marriage and our life. All of the older pictures are happy pictures, and some of the recent pictures are showing that all things can heal, and all of the pictures show what interesting lives each of us leads with various changes in their lives through the years but the friendships still hanging on.
So this morning I have this very warm feeling that a successful marriage isn't just two people holed up in their little "lovenest", but two close friends that would rather share their experiences and interactions with the world and their friends as a couple instead of as a single. I enjoy doing things WITH Beth. I enjoy playing with other people while Beth is around. I enjoy napping with Beth. I also go out with friends without Beth, and I have a really good time, but it is usually because we are doing something that:
a) she wouldn't enjoy doing
b) she wouldn't want ME to be doing
c) it's car/tractor/junk/stupidstuff
/flammable/noisy/crowded/dirty.


In almost all other situations things are just more fun with a Beffrie.
I can't imagine ANY other scenario. This is my life and I am thankful.
Happy 33rd Beffrie. Thank you to all of our friends. Thank You.

I Love you Beth.

From the Annual4th:







From 33anda3rd





**************************************

To Beffrie and W,
Congratulations on your 33rd. Just to think your only a 3rd of the way there. 99 yrs sounds good to me. I love you guys. If there is one thing I have enjoyed this summer, it's seeing the smile back in your faces. We have had so many good times over the years and we can't wait to have a few more.
P.S. Did Danny REALLY have a bathing suit that small???
Happy Anniversary !!!!!
Joe S.
September 1, 2007 11:57 PM

********************************************

B & W;
I loved seeing old pic of you on the 4th's of the past, and especially seeing Derek. Although, I see him all the time around our house....pics of him and Tess, little momentos. So, thanks for posting. Superslueth that I am, I guess you're in Ashville now. I'll keep reading your site and catch up with you.
Love you guys, Dee
September 2, 2007 5:27 PM
********************************************

************************************
chemo sabe said...
Happy Anniversary!!!
Warren, I remember on Chris&Steve's 1st anniversary, you all called me, and you wished ME a happy anniversary. When I responded something like "huh?" you reminded me that I (we) were all there and were (are) also part of C&S's marriage! So true!!! What would we all do without each other!!
Thank you for letting us all be a part of your lives, I'm so grateful that you guys are part of mine.
Happy anniversary to all of us!!!!
It is SOOO wonderful to see the smiles on your faces!

love
chemosabe

September 4, 2007 8:44 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

... If you are reading this, PLEASE click a Star, just so I know you are there ...