Saturday, August 11, 2007

Racing the sun -- Late night edition.

Well it seems that our schedule changed. What a surprise. We ended up driving all day, but I got some interesting nuggets that I will be able to write about.
Now the pictures for Sunday morning coffee. My computer is chewing on them as I type this.
I am sitting by a pool in gale force winds (really!) but I needed a place to plug in.
I am bundled up with a jacket but I still have my shorts on, but being on the road I did not have a chance to do the stuff that was scheduled for today, and I had promised Sunday/Monday coffee time. So here you go.

technical note: I am using a routine to rename my photos based on when the picture was taken so that I won't get confused if they end up in the wrong folder or album. I have added watermarks to the photos because they were ending up in the search engines and if there is a buck to be made on these photos, I want to make the buck.
If ANY of you would like the full resolution non-watermarked version of any of these pictures for printing or whatever, just let me know. I haven't started charging because...
well because nobody has asked. yet. but they will, i just know it. someday...


Anyhow. These photos have NOT been edited and weeded out yet because it is freakin cold out here. They were taken at Glacier National Park (which is beautiful).
We got up very early and went to a spot that I thought the sunrise against the mountains would be really nice. We got there and realized a lot of OTHER photographers thought so too. They all aimed their cameras at one spot and we VERY serious. I just looked around and snapped. What you see is what I saw. I kept looking around at the light changing. Same three or four views, different lighting as the sun came up. The blurry black thing was a bear that came out from behind our van. the light wasn't good enough to catch him. The first group of pictures have almost a "painted" look. That is because the light wasn't good enough and you will notice the graininess change as the light progresses.
After the sunrise Beth and I jumped in the car and raced up the hill to catch the sun peek around as many peaks as we could. We wanted to see how many sunrises we could see in one day. Some of these pictures have been geotagged. They will show you on a map where they were taken. I haven't finished all of them because I am too freakin cold. If you use Google Earth you will be able to fly along the road and see the pictures which will either be cool, or it will be too geeky, or it will work well and make you feel queasy (at least you'll be warm).

Here are the RACING the SUN photos (there's a bunch of em).
(i just got kicked out of the pool area because stuff was getting blown around)
I hope they can finish loading before I run out of battery power.
9% and counting...........


there are also other Glacier photos HERE. Same deal, no editing, I haven't even looked at all of em. Let me know how they are. Add tags to them as you see fit. Tag blurry ones with "BLURRY", tag ones to delete with "DELETE". It will save me some work if you do. Thank you. 19% uploaded. I have been displaced to a bench near the office. The staff went home.

Good Night. I'm going to stop typing and put my hands in my pockets now.

Warren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

... If you are reading this, PLEASE click a Star, just so I know you are there ...