Monday, September 3, 2007

Greetings to family and friends

Sorry for the late contact, to those who I have neglected to inform: I have been redeployed to Iraq for a 15th month tour.

I have landed safely on the sun (Kuwait). It was 1030PM when we landed with a 109 temp. Yes 109 at night. Today it was up to 120. Why they call this the Holy Land is beyond me because the only creatures that are able to inhabit this area must come from hell. The good news is that it will be cooler once I get to Iraq, where the high will only be 105...yay.

Other than the temps, we are starting our initial training. I will be heading into northern Iraq on or about the 7th of September as the first member of 2-22 IN battalion on the ground. So far it looks like I will be taking command of a rifle company around the 6th monthly mark. Other good news is that the living conditions here are three times better than in Afghanistan. The A/Cs actually work here and get the rooms to 90.
The showers work as well - this time however, the problem is getting cold water instead of scalding hot water.

I do not have a mail address as of yet however I will tell everybody that one of the first things to send me are room fresheners, I can't stand the smell here.

Also, for those who do not know, I am engaged to the lovely Jolan Boockvor. Please feel free to contact her as I will be sending her messages frequently.


I will contact you all soon
Love to all

E. Blake Witherell
CPT, IN
"Rangers Lead the Way"

Note: I created an email forwarding address to forward to Jolan.
Just send it to

0 comments:

Post a Comment

... If you are reading this, PLEASE click a Star, just so I know you are there ...